If you would like to stay permanently in Canada after your graduation in a Canadian post-secondary institution you will need a post-graduation work permit. This type of work permit will help you to gain work experience in Canada, allowing you to apply for your permanent residence under Express Entry.

This type of work permit is issued for a minimum for eight months and a maximum of three years.

To be eligible you must:

  • Have a valid study permit.
  • Have graduated from a public post-secondary institution or a private post-secondary institution(some restrictions apply).
  • Have studied full time in Canada.
  • Have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
  • Apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving a transcript or an official letter from your school indicating that you have met the academic requirements for the program.
  • Obtain your Degree, diploma or certificate.

To find out what other requirements are necessary or to apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit please contact us.

Start typing and press Enter to search