Every year, more than 180,000 foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages. The temporary foreign worker program was created by the federal government to fill shortages in the Canadian labour market.

Between now and 2021, a million jobs are expected to go unfilled across Canada. For this reason Canada needs to boost immigration numbers.

To apply for a work permit you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer.

Although a work permit is needed for most temporary jobs there are some foreign workers that do not need one.

In most cases, an employer must obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire a temporary foreign worker. The LMIA must be attached to most work permit applications.

Immigration Advice Canada can help you to determine if you qualify to work temporarily in Canada and to obtain your work permit if needed. We can also assist you in obtaining Service Canada’s approval formally known as Human Resources & Skills Development Canada HRSDC and to submit your application for Permanent Immigration to Canada.

In the case that no authorization from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada is needed you can qualify for an open work permit. Would you like to know if your spouse or common-law partner also qualifies for an open work permit? This will allow your spouse to accept any job with any employer. To learn more contact us .

Start typing and press Enter to search